Salary £18,000 - £22,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 21 May 20192019-05-21 2019-07-20 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 18000 22000 22000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A well-known business based in Rubery are looking for a Credit Controller to join their team, reporting into the Transactions Manager, this an exciting opportunity for an experienced Credit Controller to join the business.
Key Responsibilities of the Credit Controller:
You will provide an effective and quality credit control service to the Operating Divisions of the Group, you will work in partnership with the Operations and Finance Managers to ensure collection of trade debt to agreed terms, with subsequent achievement of Period Cash Collection target.
• Credit Controlling a designated trade debtor ledger by way of verbal and written communication, against a personal cash collection target.
• Effective management of FSCM system, adhering to best practice guidelines.
• Facilitating debtor payment to agreed terms, taking actions to address late payment, through effective and timely management of FSCM.
• Reconciling accounts on a monthly, termly and annual basis.
• Ensuring timely and accurate allocation of all payments received on designated ledgers.
• Attending monthly reviews with the Regional Managing Director and Financial Controller to highlight debt risks and opportunities.
• Ensuring accurate client details are maintained on the sales ledger including diary notes and that accounts are regularly reconciled and updated.
• Ensuring that credit control best practice standards are adhered to.
• Working towards monthly individual objectives, to reduce overdue debt.
• Reviewing the ledger with the Credit Control Team Manager on a monthly basis to highlight risks, concerns and opportunities.
• Highlighting areas of improvement and initiating ideas to improve the overall standard and effectiveness themselves, their team and the Credit Control Department.
• Providing detailed information to facilitate timely completion of Debt Reporting in preparation of Executive Weekly Meeting.
About you as the Credit Controller:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Clear and focused drive to achieve cash collection targets
• Excellent customer service skills, with a proven record.
• Ability to work using own initiative
• Good problem solving skills.
To express your interest in this opportunity, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org