Head of Finance
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 17 January 2019 2019-01-172019-02-10 retail Liverpool Merseyside Mann Island GB L3 1BP GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This well established retail business in Merseyside are looking for an experienced Head of Finance/ Financial Controller to join the business covering maternity leave.
Reporting to the Group Financial Director, your core duties will include;
- Work with the Group Finance Director to develop a vision and strategic plan to guide the business
- Identify, assess and inform the Group Finance Director of internal and external financial issues that affect the Group
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day financial operations
- Add commercial financial support to the decision-making process
- Work with Group Finance Director to develop and deliver strategic financial plan
- Ensure that the financial operation of the Finance Team meets the expectations of customers, Board, shareholders and wider stakeholders, including its employees and suppliers
- Prepare Management information on a monthly basis for the relevant meetings.
- Ensure effective and compliant financial control systems and processes.
- Take an instrumental role of new process (systems and manual) development/planning/financial risk mitigation, including IFRS 15
- Assess and advise the Group Finance Director with regard to product contributions to profitability and alignment to the Board’s priorities.
- Ensure that key strategic analysis is delivered on time and in full, and that the process is subject to ongoing scrutiny and improvement.
- Work closely with IT on the improvement of finance processes/initiatives/projects
- Ensure that the Finance Director and subsidiary Board receive comprehensive regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the Group.
- Ensure that sound accounting policies and procedures are followed and that the regulatory requirements of all statutory entities are met within the Finance Team.
- Work with the auditors at year end as key point of contact
- Drive a risk management culture through the organisation by implementing appropriate risk control procedures and policies.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) with proven track record in a Financial Controller or Head of Finance position
- Strong leadership and management experience
- Excellent IT skills and awareness of new technologies to help drive and improve processes & procedures
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
This is an exciting opportunity for any experienced Head of Finance looking for the opportunity to join a business in a long-term interim position that offers autonomy and the ability to affect genuine change within an organisation.