Credit Control / Sales Ledger Clerk
Salary Up to £21,000 per annum + Pension, Free Parking
Consultant Rebecca Butler
Date posted 04 December 2018 2018-12-04accountancy UK Robert Walters
A highly regarded business based in Widnes are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller / Sales Ledger Clerk to join is busy team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Supervisor you will be part of a team who are responsible for overseeing the raising and collection of sales invoices for the business. Due to the nature of contracts this means that the process of raising invoices as quickly and accurately as possible is not always straightforward, and often involves high volume chasing for information. Once invoices are raised the team are then responsible for credit controlling their own accounts; chasing customers for payment and solving any problems which are preventing customers from making payment. This is a key role for the business and would suit someone with good attention to detail, who likes working in a fast paced environment. You should be a confident communicator who enjoys speaking to customers and people throughout the business to resolve problems.
As Credit Controller you will be responsible for:
- Raising customer invoices / credit notes in Sage and resolving issues preventing invoices being raised
- Producing various backing documents for invoices in Microsoft Excel
- Processing Invoice/credit note requests
- Processing and oversight of Weekly/Monthly Self-Bills
- Working with departments and with the commercial team to create better processes for accurate and timely invoicing of sales
- Responsibility for your own section of the credit control
- Liaising with operational & commercial teams to resolve debt queries
- Diagnosis of root causes for debt queries/payment delays and be able to communicate this in weekly team finance meetings.
To apply for the job you must:
- Have good strong Credit Control skills gained in a fast paced, commercial environment
- Good numeracy and attention to detail
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel
- Confident communicator who is happy picking up the phone or going to see operational staff to gather information
- Ability to prioritise tasks and drive results.
This company is looking to interview people ASAP, ideally with a view to starting someone before Christmas. This would suit someone who is immediately available or on a short notice period.