Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Rebecca Butler
Date posted 05 October 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An expanding business based near Liverpool City Centre is currently recruiting for a highly experienced Billings Manager to join its busy department. As Billing Manager you will be responsible for organising and directing the resources of the billing team, of 5, to ensure a high quality, cost effective processing is achieved in line with agreed business rules. The Billing team is responsible for the production of circa 6k of invoices per month across 2 platforms. Our client is specifically looking for applicants who have strong management skills and have experience of managing a high volume & value Sales Ledger. Managers from a pure credit control background will not be considered.
Major responsibilities for the Billing Manager are:
- Day to day management and training of 5 billings clerks
- Responsible for the client billing process for areas within the business remit from start to finish.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of the billing platforms, process and transactions, continually improving processes wherever possible pushing for automation where possible.
- Involvement in the month end close process, and month end cut off with proven understanding and experience of revenue recognition and accuracy of financial postings.
- Leasing with the Credit Control and Sales teams to investigate and rectify billing issues, reporting discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Ensuring compliance to agreed controls and measures, performing appropriate detection, correction and prevention routines.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders inside the business including BDMs and Sales Team whilst tracking and following special client instructions.
- On the job training for all billing clerks
- Support Billing lead seconded onto ERP Project
- Experience and understanding of all billing processes and accounting procedures
- Experience of Shared Service Finance
- Strong analytical skills and experience- tenacious personality as problems can be complex and involved
- Completer finisher, able to take a task and follow it through to the end
- Calm under pressure
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to deliver against agreed KPI’s and targets
- Ability to manage own workload and the minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- A structured and organised approach to work and professional attitude
- Experience of the SUN V5 Financials Package
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Possess an understanding of internal controls and compliance