Salary £19,000 - £22,000 per annum
Consultant Rebecca Butler
Date posted 01 October 2018 2018-10-012018-11-30 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An established business in Liverpool are currently recruiting for a hardworking Credit Controller to join its busy team. You will be reporting to the Credit Supervisor and will be managing a portfolio of circa 600 customers, building strong working relationships and ensuring outstanding debt is kept to a minimum. The company are looking for someone who has previous commercial credit control experience who will require little training and can 'hit the ground running'
As Credit Controller you will:
- Be contacting customers by phone, fax, letter and email to progress outstanding payments and obtain an accurate payment date
- Ensure all customers are dealt with in a professional and friendly manner
- Record payment promises and following up with the customer to ensure payments are made when promised
- Establish contacts and customer relationships ensuring continuity and maintaining communication with all relevant parties to eliminate misunderstanding and misrepresentation of the debt due.
- Occasionally accompany the Account Managers on customer visits to maintain contact / resolve particular disputes.
- Educating the customer on new services available
- Escalate debt to Credit Manager should unresolved queries remain on the account preventing payment
- Liaise with Account Managers regarding progress of debt profile and queries and ensure escalation process is adhered to before placing accounts on “Refer”, issuing NOI’s/NBP’s or recommending legal action
- Track query status and assist with the sourcing of required information in order to speed up closure of query
- Preparing and sending out POD and collection notes to resolve queries
To apply for the job you will:
- Have proven track record within commercial credit control and be familiar with working to targets
- Have good attention to detail
- Be experienced in working towards targets, KPIs and tight deadlines
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have strong IT skills, especially Excel