Salary £25,000 - £28,000 per annum
Consultant Kay Edle
Date posted 16 July 2018 2018-07-162018-09-14 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Robert Walters are currently working with a professional services organisation based in Watford to help recruit for a Credit Controller to join a team of 16 credit controllers.
Robert Walters are currently working with a professional services organisation based in Watford to help recruit for a Credit Controller to join a highly busy team of 16 credit controllers.
This is a permanent full time position and you will be expected to provide a high level of Credit Control administration to the Business and you will work with a wide portfolio of blue chip companies. The Individual will be responsible for the timely collection of debts from clients in accordance with the agreed terms of trade, liaising with the Client Service Teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operating a best practice procedure which focuses on making sure that you work with the business in the designated area, resolving and collecting difficult and slow paying debts at the same time as maintaining appropriate pressure on clients to settle invoices, with the issue of periodic statements , standard collection methods, and discretionary and targeted (DSO) chasing.
- Provide cover for the wider Credit Control team during periods of leave or absence, which may also include reporting and analysis to the management group as and when required.
- Update and maintain the credit control system ensuring the specific steps taken to recover debts are noted and that all account notifications are completed in line with the diary system.
- Maintaining audit trail files for difficult aged debts.
- Where it has been notified that clients are not able to be approached without prior consent of the client team, obtain permission before contact is made. Where direct approach is not permitted, liaise closely with the engagement team to ensure that they are undertaking the appropriate credit control measures.
- Management of cash targets; monitoring cash collection against targets taking appropriate measure to ensure targets are met and the aged debt profile is kept to a minimum; Establish monthly exposure to bad debt provision and ensure, where possible this is minimised by priority collection/chasing.
- Arrange bad debt write offs (to include clients subject to Insolvency obtaining formal notifications along with proof of debt forms) where appropriate and feed up details to credit control management for authorisation.
- Communicate specific difficult debt issues to team management, Engagement teams and Finance Managers, arranging regular meetings to discuss key difficult accounts.
- Carry out ad hoc debt requests from internal / external clients (troubleshooting), respond to debt reviews and any queries as requested.
- Ensure correct procedures are followed regarding clients who are subject to Litigation; passing all documentation to team management for review and legal process.
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate the following
- Excellent credit control experience and someone who understands the wider debt management process, to include Litigation, Insolvency, Risk/Credit Checking and best collection methods. Consideration will also be given to those candidates wishing to pursue a career in Credit Management who are at a relatively junior level.
- The role requires a high standard of communication skills both verbal and written
- The individual should be a self starter, someone who can work with minimal supervision, manage own workload, and provide support to the management/senior group as and when required which may include allocation of work, reporting and training/ presentation.
- There is a heavy workload so the individual must be well organised and able to prioritise tasks to maintain a good and regular coverage of all debtor accounts for which they are responsible.
- Good knowledge of SAP and strong excel, word and outlook skills are required.
The salary for this role is £25,000 to £28,000, plus 25 days holidays, life assurance, pension, daily lunch allowance, season ticket loan, medical insurance and many more. Working hours are 9.00am-17.00pm.
This organisation has been voted in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies for the past 10 years and offer great career opportunities.