Credit Control Manager
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum + tbc
Consultant Eden Reeves
Date posted 05 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client is a largely established, yet growing, industry leading business and are looking for an experienced Credit Control Manager to join their team.
My client is a largely established, yet growing, industry leading business with a recognisable brand presence across the UK.
This role has a direct reporting line into the Head of Finance and provides an opportunity to be part of and manage a great, close team and to work closely with the wider finance function.
About the Credit Control Manager role:
Working as the Credit Control Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the Credit Control team to ensure smooth end to end processes whilst working with the wider finance function to continually improve best practice.
- Monitor and keep under control the company’s exposure to credit risk.
- Ongoing support for team members to ensure smooth day to day running of the function.
- Propose, approve and implement credit limits through comprehensive risk analysis.
- Promote, support, and deliver compliance with Credit Policy and SOX.
- Build and leverage relationships surrounding the credit insurance programme.
- Co-ordinate departmental resources to recover overdue and maximise cash collection.
- Identify threats and weaknesses and provide necessary resolutions.
- Project manage system and process implementations.
- Act as the finance focal point for our external trade partners.
- Full man management of the Credit Control team of 12
- Report departmental performance through effective KPIs
- Target and measure team members periodically to highlight areas of focus
- Initiate review meetings with Commercial, Head of Finance and other stakeholders to analyse performance and drive continuous improvements
- Advise and deliver process improvements to increase departmental efficiencies
- Precise payment terms and overdue administration to facilitate accurate ageing reporting
- Be the focal point and driver for system and process implementations
- Carry out thorough risk analysis to approve credit limits and back up decisions made to internal and external stakeholders
- Month end closure and reconciliation
- Weekly cash forecasting for central Treasury department
For the role of Credit Control Manager, my client is looking for the successful candidate to demonstrate the following;
- Experience in leading a credit control team within a cross matrix organisation.
- Partnering internal stakeholders to progressively drive best possible balance between credit risk and the business bottom line.
- Man management experience including dealing with sensitive HR matters.
- Track record of delivering solutions in an independent and pragmatic approach.
- Credit limit decision making through proficient risk analysis.
- Proficient Excel user (pivot tables, v lookups etc)
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Ability to handle internal and external pressures from all angles.
Based at their UK head office, this market leading business offer a great working environment, strong career progression and the opportunity to work for an exciting brand which is experiencing significant growth and development.
If you are driven, determined and interested in this exciting Credit Control Manager position, please apply today or email email@example.com for a confidential conversation.