Salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Consultant Matthew Simms
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Manchester Airport Group (MAG) has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit and Credit Controller to join our head office based in Manchester.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group, and we are growing. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports as well as sizeable operations in the USA. The Group also has a substantial property business, with over £640 million of investment property assets across its airports.
As part of our continued commitment to ensure that Manchester Airport remains one of the leading global airports and cements itself as the heart of the ‘Northern Powerhouse’, we are investing over £1bn in Manchester Airport extending terminal two and our airfield to increase passenger numbers and deliver a truly world class travel experience that will last well into the future.
With over 6,000 MAG employees, we are the largest UK owned airport operator, contributing over £7 billion to the economy and supporting over 130,000 jobs nationally.
The Credit Controller will be responsible for a ledger of accounts ensuring that all invoices are paid to terms, credit risk is minimised, all queries are managed quickly and efficiently whilst delivering a great experience to all customers. You will build good relationships with both internal and external customers to ensure that exposure to bad debt is minimised through effective control of trade debtors.
Credit Controller key responsibilities:
- Assist in the efficient collection, control and administration of monies owed to the company ensuring customers pay within their agreed payment terms, chasing payments as necessary, as per the company’s credit policy.
- To ensure all customer queries are logged as per the MAG procedure and effectively dealing with customer account queries including liaising with other departments, to ensure they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion.
- To inform the Credit Control Supervisor immediately of all important developments / problems and report on status of Customer accounts on a regular basis.
- To work closely with internal departments ensuring visibility of all debtor issues driving ownership and engagement the relevant business stakeholders
- Display a confident and assertive manner at all times when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Promote an efficient and professional image at all times demonstrated by the highest possible standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Meet cash & debtor day KPI’s set by the OTC Manager
- To offer support to the Revenue cashier when required by allocating all cheques and BAC’s in line with agreed processes. Provide cover when appropriate.
- Ensure that systems policies, procedures and quality targets as defined by the Finance Shared Services Manager are implemented and maintained to agreed timescales and standards.
Other duties as delegated from time to time by the OTC Manager or any other person designated in their absence
Credit Controller key requirements:
- GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent
- Desirable – Qualified or working towards an ICM qualification or similar
- Experienced in Microsoft Office
- Desirable – Knowledge of SAP ERP system
- Essential: 2 years of experience of working in a Credit Control department
- Good understanding of credit control and its functions
- A customer focussed approach, dealing efficiently and effectively with all internal and external contacts.
Join MAG and you’ll be joining a business that believes in its people enough to continually focus on promoting from within. Your career path will be well-defined, your imagination will be challenged, and we work hard to make sure you have everything you need to progress as far – and as fast – as you want.
Apply below, or please contact Matthew Simms on email@example.com or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.