Salary £24,000 - £27,000 per annum
Location West London
Consultant Harriet Redfern
Date posted 29 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Company based in West London are currently looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join a brand new finance team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Global organisation who have just relocated their head office to West London. You will be joining a team of 20 in finance and have the opportunity to really shine within this newly establish team. As a Credit Controller your main duties will include:
- Proactive contact with customers to avoid payment delays.
- Follow-up with customers for payment of overdue invoices.
- Negotiate with customers in non-payment cases as directed.
- Assist with credit checks on potential and existing customers.
- Escalation of customer payment issues to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor as appropriate.
- Creating procedures and policies that ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of customer retention.
- Reconciling complex accounts that have been escalated from the Accounts Receivable team.
- Monitoring debtor balances to ensure a reduction in debtors Days Sales Outstanding.
- Liaising with customers, as well as internal personnel including the sales and commercial teams.
- Provide cover to the other Accounts Receivable areas as required.
- Support other Accounts Receivable team members on a daily basis and train new team members.
- Follow the accounting principles set by the company.
- Assist and support the Accounts Receivable Supervisor and other Finance team members as requested.
- Reconcile customer statements to their accounts receivable ledger balances as directed by the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
- Assist with the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc forecasting reports.
- Comply with applicable tax legislation, UK company law and Data Protection Regulations.
- Prepare KPIs as directed to monitor effectiveness of the Accounts Receivable function.
- Assist with review of current system and recommend improvements.
If you're looking for a Credit Controller position and think your experience matches the job description then please don't hesitate to apply.