Senior Credit Controller
Salary £Competitive + benefits
Consultant Gary Darlington
Date posted 16 September 2016
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play.
We are creating one of the largest Finance Shared Service Centres in the North West, with an enviable central Manchester location and clear vision for collaborative success. As a result we are seeking a Senior Credit Controller.
The Senior Credit Controller will ensure all outstanding debts are pursued and collected in accordance with procedures and in line with performance and quality standards set out for the Order to Cash team.
You will analyse outstanding debts, correspond with customers in order to collect outstanding debts, and reinstate or suspend accounts based on credit policies with approval from the Credit Control Manager and relevant business contacts (Commercial and Operational).
The Senior Credit Controller will also provide extra support, guidance and direction to the Credit Controllers, acting as a go-to and support to the Credit Controller Manager while growing own business awareness and personal brand with key Commercial, Group and Operational Finance and Business Operations contacts/customers.
- Ensure that all outstanding debts are pursued and collected in accordance with procedures and in line with performance and quality standards set out for the Order to Cash team
- Responsible for larger defined sections of Kier Group’s Accounts Receivable ledger as part of FSSC Credit Control team
- Pro-active debt management to ensure lowest available aged debt on Accounts Receivable Ledger
- Support to Credit Controllers on a day2day basis, taking strain away from Credit Control Manager
- Ensure regular customer contact by phone, fax and email and dispatches system generated letters/statements to all debtors on a monthly basis
- Ensure regular updates with both internal Commercial and Operations customers to ensure client relations are maintained
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer details and record all details on the system
- Investigate enquiries and queries from customers, escalating internally when required
- Process credit/debit card payments from debtors, complying with relevant policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Ensure that all documents and paperwork are provided and are promptly and accurately filed
- Undertake any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participate in training and development procedures
- Seek out opportunities to improve process, procedures and controls
- Work with Continuous Improvement Team to apply robotics to operational processing
- Other reasonable duties as and when required
You will have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Have used ERP systems before (Oracle would be preference but SAP experience acceptable)
- 2 years+ strong knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Order to Cash / Accounts Receivable function will be an advantage
- Ability to operate in a service driven culture, continuously challenging and seeking to be better
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good customer service skillset, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Good, solid understanding of basic accounting methods and accounts structures.
About the company:
Kier Group employs over 24,000 people in our operations in the UK, the Caribbean, the Middle East and Hong Kong and operates across a range of sectors including defence, education, housing, industrials, power and utilities.
Not only do we provide a challenging environment for our people to exercise their skills, but we invest in their professional and personal development as well as creating a rewards and benefits package that demonstrates our loyalty to our team.
Apply below or to find out more about the Senior Credit Controller please contact our retained agent Gary Darlington at Robert Walters plc on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 161 214 7400.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters plc.