Salary £20000 - £22000 per annum
Consultant Robert Gibbons
Date posted 01 September 2016
A leading organisation with links to the automotive sector is currently looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join their Finance team in Northamptonshire. The purpose of the role will be to maximise cash flow whilst minimising bad debt in line with credit and collection procedures to achieve set financial KPIs.
Key Credit Controller Responsibilities:
- To conduct cash collection activities in line with company procedures, chasing overdue payments by telephone, email and post
- Maintain accurate records of all collection activities & actions taken on overdue balances
- To produce monthly customer statements
- To allocate all BACS/Cheque/Credit Card payments to the relevant accounts
- To resolve invoice & payment queries as quickly and professionally as possible
- To prepare and raise credit notes with supporting documentation
- To complete customer account reconciliations as and when required
- To check any discounts taken are agreed and correct
- Monitor payment trends and anticipate future overdue invoices
- Ensure monthly processing and department deadlines are adhered to
- To escalate any collections or ledger issue to line manager
- To create ad hoc reports as and when required
- To support the business & department as required
Your key skills:
You will have excellent attention to detail, excellent written & verbal communication skills and be well organised & able to prioritise work. You will also have a strong grasp of Microsoft Excel, and previous experience of B2B and B2C collections.
Apply today or to find out more about the Credit Controller position please contact Rob Gibbons on firstname.lastname@example.org.