Salary £18000 - £20000 per annum + +Quarterly bonus
Consultant Gary Darlington
Date posted 30 August 2016
A leading business based in Manchester City Centre have created a new role for a Finance Assistant to join their growing finance team. The role has been created due to continued growth both globally and in the UK. Your role will be split between credit control and purchase ledger so experience in either discipline will be suitable for the position, however the credit control area of the role will provide most of the volume.
Key responsibilities of the Finance Assistant will include:
- Effective monitoring of customer payments to achieve cash and aged debt targets across our domestic, European and US markets
- Ensure prompt action is taken for non-payment or continued late payment
- Allocating payments for all BACS and direct payments
- Daily recording of sales
- To report to management on issues and inform them early of potential debtors problems
- Proactively seek to improve credit control systems
- Send out monthly statements to clients
- Processing supplier invoices and staff expenses
- Managing staff credit cards including monthly reconciliations
Key skills of the Finance Assistant preferred:
- Strong communication skills required to build and sustain relationships with our external customers, and internally across all divisions of the business
- Confident, tactful individual who is self-motivated and approachable
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work in a team as well as individually
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Credit control exposure is desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding business that can offer you a broad remit in the short term and a long term career opportunity. The business have an excellent working environment and have recently been voted one of the Top 100 companies to work for in the UK.
To apply please contact email@example.com or 0161 240 7474.