Salary £26,000 - £32,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 10 August 2018 2018-08-102018-10-09 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant has just become available at leading business in Birmingham. Reporting directly into the Finance Manger you will play a pivotal role within the business while being offered outstanding career progression.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
This role reports directly into the Finance Manager in and requires solid all-round accounting knowledge. You will be required to deputise for the Finance Manager during periods of absence. This will require you to oversee training, approval of finance reports to clients and staff management.
- You will be required to have a comprehensive understanding of the property life cycle from mobilisation through to off boarding, including interpretation of completion statements, accounting for property sales and transfers to new managing agents.
- Extensive experience of all aspects of service charge accounting is necessary. You will take immediate responsibility for a portfolio of clients and have full ownership for the database maintenance of all property/tenant details,
- Experience in accounting for separate client types is also required including, investor, off shore, NRL, industrial, retail, residential, estate and management companies.
- To generate and reconcile VAT reports in accordance with agreed SLA and ensure settlement of VAT.
- To manage and close all service charge year ends in accordance with the 4-month RICS guidelines.
- To manage service charge, non-recoverable and direct recoverable cash flow and to support other team members with this task.
- Accounting skill / ability within a property accounting environment.
- Personality to mix and work with a busy team in an accounting department of 100 plus.
- Ability to communicate and deliver a quality service and to quickly pick up the QA procedures and work under the pressure of high volume and tight deadlines.
- Has attention to detail
- Ability to think ‘out of the box’
- Be a self-starter/pro-active
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity for a experienced Accountant to join a leading organisation in a hand on and progressive role. This role is best suited to an outgoing and personable Accountant that is happy working with all levels within a business, building relationships and business partnering.
To express your interest in this opportunity, email your CV to email@example.com