Salary £19,000 - £23,000 per annum
Consultant Rebecca Butler
Date posted 06 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportnity has opened up within an established Liverpool City Centre business for an Accounts Assistant to join this growing, well-known business. Reporting dirently to the Finance Manager you will enjoy a busy and varied role which will also include study support and progression opportunities. Ideally our client is looking for someone who has worked in a high volume, varied fiancne position previously and has a strong background in reconciliations and invoice processing
As an Accounts Assistant for this business you role will be to:
- Work under the direction of the Processing Team Leader to ensure the timely and accurate processing of journals, T&E card transactions and internal trading transaction
- Monitor and reconcile petty cash
- Prepare foreign currency requests and cash passed
- Ensure that all bank related transactions are processed on a timely basis.
- Post all bank transactions to the ledger on a timely basis (Sterling and foreign currency), as directed by the Processing Team Leader.
- Verify the coding of transactions under the direction of the Processing Team Leader.
- Verify the VAT treatment of transactions, under the guidance of the Processing Team Leader.
- Process credit card payments through PDQ as required
- Monitor the bank accounts and maintain the spreadsheets
- Ensure that trade creditor liabilities are accurately recorded and discharged on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all purchase invoices are posted accurately and timely, under the direction of the Processing Team Leader.
- Ensure that expenditure incurred is in line with signatories authorised to spend on the cost centre.
- Maintain supplier records.
- Assist with the weekly BACS run to ensure it is processed on a timely basis and remittances issued to suppliers.
- Under the direction of the Processing Team Leader, ensure that all trade creditor invoices (foreign currency) are processed on a timely basis and payments made within supplier terms.
- Ensure that income from trade debtors is accurately recorded on a timely basis.
- Input all sales invoices onto the system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process all correctly authorised credit notes on a timely basis.
- Assist the Processing Team Leader to verify coding of sales invoices to ensure that income is correctly coded so that analysis of income is meaningful to senior management.
- Input credit control cash batches
- Work within the team to ensure that all other financial transactions are processed in an accurately and timely manner.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience working in a financial or management accounting environment.
- Minimum of three GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics.
- Experience of high volume transaction processing.
- Have a high level of competence in the use of computerised financial systems
- Excellent IT skills, including experience of email, internet and Microsoft Office
- Good up to date working knowledge and experience of financial procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and motivate other team members
- Be dependable, reliable, enthusiastic, professional and punctual
- Have a flexible and pro-active approach
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a varied and busy role within a company that fosters a culture of internal promotions and personal development
If you are interested in applying for this job then please get in touch with Rebecca Butler 07747 532 529