Lead Advisor Manager
Salary £75000 - £90000 per annum + industry standard and bonus
Consultant Oli Phillips
Date posted 19 September 2016
In relation to financial advisory work, this company has closed more than £100m transactions in the past year and has a pipeline of current deals adding up to well in excess of £1 billion equity value. This deal list covers the following types of work across multiple geographies and sectors. The team is now looking for a senior manager to help take forward this element of its business, focusing on leading EMEA transactions, coaching other team members and, over time, helping to develop new business.
Responsibility for delivery of Advisory engagements
- A core requirement is that the candidate will have the experience, knowledge and confidence required to lead transactions with relatively little supervision.
- Take the lead in running transaction processes, typically with a portfolio of assignments at any one time.
- Manage bidders, lenders, vendors etc… depending on the process
- Take responsibility for producing key transaction outputs – e.g. modelling analysis, information memoranda, investment committee analysis, and present these appropriately to clients
- Preference for a candidate able also to provide financial / commercial commentary on SPAs, facility agreements and project documentation
- Ensure that projects are managed in accordance with quality and risk procedures.
- Ensure budget is set and managed, with appropriate financial management on the jobs
- Develop junior members of team through effective management in assignments, and mentoring in developing specific skills and capabilities.
- Lead areas of business development activity and build key client relationships in sector or geographic area allocated.
Skills and experience required:
- Financial qualification (MBA, CFA, or an accounting qualification) would be an advantage 5 years of Infrastructure Finance experience in a comparable organisation – this could be advisory experience, investment experience or lending experience in relation to infrastructure assets
- Detailed knowledge of project finance markets and principles of financial analysis and valuation required, knowledge of project finance modelling and the ability to build, analyse and adapt complex financial models (although most new modelling work will be done by modelling specialists within the team)
If you feel you meet these requirements please do not hesitate to reach out.