Salary £18,000 - £22,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 22 October 20192019-10-22 2019-12-21 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 18000 22000 22000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Cashier at a leading Birmingham city centre based company. Working within a thriving finance team you will be a proactive member of a Cashiers team within a shared service centre supporting many external clients. You will work alongside the Treasury Compliance team and Client Accountants allocating receipts in an accurate and timely manner and making BACS and CHAPS payments out.
As the Cashier your responsibilities include:
• To navigate and utilise the banking software and understand the internal transfer controls to direct funds to the correct client bank account
• Actively work with other teams in resolving queries.
• Downloading direct receipts from internet banking, posting to the tenant records and maintaining cash sheets for all client bank accounts
• Recording cheques, posting to the tenant records and preparing paying in slips to be collected by courier
• To make payments of rent to our Clients in a timely manner in accordance with client instructions
• To assist the Treasury Compliance team with bank reconciliations, investigating outstanding items and resolving queries
• Proactive approach to risk management ensuring risks are minimised and any issues are reported and resolved promptly.
As a Cashier you will have/be:
• Treasury/Cashiering professional with experience of working in a fast-paced high-volume environment with a demonstrable record of responsibility and growth and solid experience in cashiering/treasury function
• Experience of different banking software, utilising functions to extract information
• Knowledge of principles, practices and regulations relating to the handling of client’s monies in the UK
• Advanced Microsoft knowledge
To express your interest in this opportunity, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org