Salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Consultant Matthew Simms
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Manchester Airport Group (MAG) has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Billing Specialist to join our head office based in Manchester.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group, and we are growing. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports as well as sizeable operations in the USA. The Group also has a substantial property business, with over £640 million of investment property assets across its airports.
As part of our continued commitment to ensure that Manchester Airport remains one of the leading global airports and cements itself as the heart of the ‘Northern Powerhouse’, we are investing over £1bn in Manchester Airport extending terminal two and our airfield to increase passenger numbers and deliver a truly world class travel experience that will last well into the future.
With over 6,000 MAG employees, we are the largest UK owned airport operator, contributing over £7 billion to the economy and supporting over 130,000 jobs nationally.
The Billing Specialist will support the Billing Supervisor to ensure first class service is provided for the MAG Group, ensuring that all invoices are raised accurately and on a timely basis to meet billing calendar commitments and Service level agreements, whilst providing an excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers. You will support the Billing supervisor in ensuring that all team members are cross trained and procedures updated to enable best in class service levels, whilst providing subject matter expert support to the team.
Billing Specialist key responsibilities:
- Accurately produce and deliver invoices to customers, via different revenue streams, on a daily basis to ensure timely receipt of invoices allowing customers to pay within terms.
- Ensure integrity is maintained around the data being processed reconciling source data to final billing
- Understand and sense check all billing produced.
- Ensure all relevant KPIs are maintained, monitored taking the appropriate action as required
- Liaise with internal/external customers to ensure correct information is received to allow accurate customer set-up to avoid delays in invoices being raised
- Support the process of price amendments including price reviews ensuring that any amendments are made accurately and within given timescales
- Provide support to the credit control team at monthly meetings, highlighting issues and clarifying any changes to customers with the appropriate colleague from the various revenue streams
- Record all queries and respond accurately and efficiently in line with agreed SLA and ensure delivery of authorised credit notes to customers to ensure timely receipt of credits allowing customers to pay within terms
- Display a confident and assertive manner at all times when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Promote an efficient and professional image at all times demonstrated by the highest possible standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Review and continually strive to develop and improve processes for billing for all income streams.
- Billing subject matter expert and SAP champion for the team
Billing Specialist key requirements:
- GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent
- Experienced in Microsoft Office
- At least 5+ years experience in ERP systems at subject matter level
- Essential: 3 years + experience of working in a Billing team
- High level of knowledge and understanding of billing and its functions
- Experience of training and support less experienced
- A customer focussed approach, dealing efficiently and effectively with all internal and external contacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organise and plan own workload with minimum supervision
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage priorities
- Deliver a consistently high level of accuracy
Join MAG and you’ll be joining a business that believes in its people enough to continually focus on promoting from within. Your career path will be well-defined, your imagination will be challenged, and we work hard to make sure you have everything you need to progress as far – and as fast – as you want.
Apply below, or please contact Matthew Simms on email@example.com or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.