Salary £26,000 - £32,000 per annum
Location South West London
Consultant Harriet Redfern
Date posted 11 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A top Global Media Company based in South West London are currently looking for an outgoing and ambitious Billing Specialist to join the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Billing Specialist with 1-2 years experience to come on board in a sole role and take on that extra responsibility to progress within their career. As the Billing Specialist in this Global Media Company your main duties will include:
- Raise Client Sales invoices at earliest opportunity. Ensure invoices reach the associated Accounts Payable department on the day they are raised by either uploading them onto appropriate e-invoicing networks or emailing PDF copies
- Maintain a positive NWC position by proactively finding solutions to any issues which would prevent payment of invoices in a timely manner. Assist Commercial Analyst in resolving Debtor queries
- Monitor compliance with client contract terms, policies and statutory guidelines
- Processing of media purchase invoices and media billing in the media booking system.
- Ensure time sheets are submitted and approved weekly. Working with Commercial Analyst and Commercial Accountant to resolve queries
- Ensure a PO is obtained and Intercompany invoices are raised and sent by the monthly deadline. Liaise with counterparty to avoid Intercompany mismatches at month end
- Maintain a Purchase Order tracker for each client and inter-company entity
- Assist Commercial Analyst and Commercial Accountant to ensure that policies around client setup, Job opening, Budget approval, Purchase orders and timesheets are adhered to by client service teams
- Develop effective working relationships with Account teams and finance colleagues
- Raise client credit notes as necessary, with back-up, sign off and client approval.
- Retain copies of expenses where required as back-up for billing.
- Meet with shared service centre on a monthly basis to analyse the month end Creditor report, providing a full commentary of all aged balances and obtain agency approval for SOX compliance
- Liaise with all employees to ensure supplier invoices are approved, taking responsibility for resolving and communicating queries to the shared service centre on a weekly basis
- Assist the Commercial Analyst in maintaining accurate records through the closing of superfluous POs monthly along with the prompt closure of fully complete and reconciled jobs
- Provide cover for other team members as and when they are out of the office
- Other Ad hoc tasks necessary to the smooth running of the Finance Department
The ideal candidate for this Billing Specialist role will have the following experience:
- 2+ years of experience in similar role
- Good communication skills – able to talk to staff at all levels of organisation
- Familiarity with Maconomy Billing/WIP/Revenue recognition preferential but not essential
- Good attention to detail
- Well organised, proactive and able to manage own time
If you're confident that your experience matches the job description then please don't hesitate to apply.