Commercial Finance Analyst
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Hedges
Date posted 08 June 2022midlands accountancy-finance/analyst 2022-06-08 2022-08-07 accountancy Staffordshire Staffordshire GB GBP 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, a leading engineering business, is looking for a knowledgeable and meticulous Finance Analyst to head up the commercial function of the business. Whilst working closely with the UK Financial Director and the Board, this role is responsible for the planning and controlling cycle, which includes preparation of GRP and AIP, investment analysis, budgeting, multi-year planning and the improvement of operational processes and control.
Key Responsibilities of the Commercial Finance Analyst
- Establish and maintain financial reports (GRP and AIP) and business plans
- Prepare financial budgets and plans and analyse various outlooks
- Prepare balance sheets for various business units and ensure the effectiveness of the process
- Supervise account reconciliation, manage all commercial accounts and update journal units
- Oversee month-end closing of accounts, identify issues, and compare with year-ago results and projections
- Manage all external fillings and prepare management reports
- Review all financial operating processes and analyse results to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Maintain new credit applications and check all delinquent account receivables
- Ensure compliance to all income tax procedures and process tax returns
- Determine and verify systems and process all data
- Maintain control environment for all issues
- Manage all policies and ensure compliance with SOX
- Analyse business processes and develop cost-saving controls
- Administer all business units and analyse financial risks and recommend effective solutions
- Translate strategic management objectives into measurable KPIs
Key essentials of the Commercial Finance Analyst
- Fully Qualified Accountant (e.g., ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Senior external or internal audit experience preferred
- Experience working to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills with an ability to build positive relationships at all levels
If you’re a Finance Analyst with business partnering experience, then this is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established business and head up the Commercial Function of the business.
At the Robert Walters Group, we endeavour to contact all candidates to register their details. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, if we have not reached out to you within 72 hours, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + car allowance and 10% bonusLocation: LutterworthDate posted: 10 June 2022Fantastic opportunity to join an international business in this regional commercial finance manager role - you will manage a deep and diverse stakeholder group, be responsible for ensuring financial performance, growth and overall delivery against performance objectives for the UK flag ship business.
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annumLocation: LichfieldDate posted: 31 May 2022An exciting opportunity has become available for a meticulous and analytical Finance Business Partner to join one of the UK and Ireland’s largest distribution organisations in a time of unprecedented growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing commercial direction and support to key stakeholders within the business in finding opportunities, risks, operational improvements and mitigating actions – supported by management information, analysis and opinion.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: StaffordshireDate posted: 16 May 2022Our client, a leading engineering consultancy business, is looking for a knowledgeable and meticulous Commercial Finance Analyst to head up the commercial function of the business. Whilst working closely with the UK Financial Director and the Board, this role is responsible for the planning and controlling cycle, which includes preparation of GRP and AIP, investment analysis, budgeting, multi-year planning and the improvement of operational processes and control.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + car allowanceLocation: LutterworthDate posted: 12 May 2022Our client, a Global leader are looking for a Commercial Finance Manager to provide high quality analysis, information, forecasting and reporting to local management and other Group teams.
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: BirminghamDate posted: 28 June 2022The Group Financial Accountant is responsible for the delivery of the financial accounts for the UK trading entities and the statutory UK consolidation of overseas entities. The Group Financial Accountant is also responsible for tax compliance for the Group and the oversight of the Client Take On process. With 3 direct reports, ranging from fully qualified staff to new starters, the Group Financial Accountant will also need to demonstrate strong managerial and mentoring skills.