Commercial Finance Analyst
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Alex Daniel
Date posted 01 November 20192019-11-01 2019-12-31 accountancy Warrington Cheshire GB GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
High visibility role within a PE backed sports retailer with aggressive business model.
A leading, specialist sports retailer are looking for an experienced commercial finance analyst to join their growing commercial finance team at their head office. The business have recently gained PE backing and have exceptional growth plans, providing you with a dynamic and fast paced environment to grow and develop as an accountant.
As a commercial finance analyst you will be responsible for:
- Financial reporting and forecasting, provide quality financial analysis, insightful commentaries to the business and support to the Head of Commercial Finance
- Focus on KPI delivery and reporting with a strong working relationship with the buying team
- Verification of actual costs and preparation of accruals, prepayments and journals
- Reconciliation of all labour costs and preparation of division resource reports with supporting insightful commentary
- Ensure that the business partners comply with the approved financial processes including all documentation, reports and plans, ensuring they are relevant, accurate and have a complete audit trail
- Supports Head of Commercial Finance by championing change management; driving improvements to financial accountability across the Divisions and improving and standardising financial processes to improve overall efficiency; identifying and contributing to business improvement opportunities
- Enhance commercial understanding by ensuring that all stakeholders understand their responsibilities for the overall financial goals of their Divisions and the business, embedding commercial mind-set and governance
- Push back on the buying team when necessary and be comfortable in challenging senior stakeholders when necessary.
To be considered for the role of commercial finance analyst you should be:
- A newly qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Have accounting experience within the retail sector
- Have strong excel and accounting software skills
- Proven track record of financial planning, analysis and reporting
- Ability and confidence to push back on senior personnel within the business when required
- Ability to work flexibly to meet business requirements in an incredibly fast moving environment
This is an excellent opporutnity for a commercial finance analyst to elevate their career within a PE backed environment. The business is moving at an incredibly fast pace and will provide the perfect platfrom to develop within an aggressive environment.