Commercial Finance Analyst
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Location St. AlbansFULL_TIME
Consultant James Dwyer
Date posted 03 September 20192019-09-03 2019-11-02 accountancy St. Albans Hertfordshire GB AL1 3RD GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A fantastic opportunity at a well known business, offering support and growth with in the role.
- Operate as an effective Business Partner, providing accurate and timely finance support to drive informed and quality business decision making.
- Understand the performance drivers and longer-term issues of the business and the implications of these for the wider business.
- Manage period end process, the short-term forecast cycles and evaluation & consolidation of period performance to drive insight for the sales teams & the senior leadership team.
- Be an integral part of the team with active participation at key meetings.
- Be the right-hand person to the Finance Manager, able to provide sufficient cover.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide first class financial support to Directors influencing behaviours and performance through insights & visibility of key drivers.
- Enable strategy changes through deep dives and financial modelling. Lead the modelling of channel’s 5-year strategy plans.
- Drive margin enhancement initiatives (Product/Customer mix, promo efficiency, ad-hoc projects).
- Provide financial support for retailer mergers & other work relating to the current business transformation.
- Actively monitor and control trade spend within relevant customers ensuring appropriate levels of promotional accruals are maintained, trade & pricing claims are promptly resolved & full participation on other cash improvement initiatives.
- Model strategic changes in customer plans and analyse promotional efficiency to improve the growth and profitability.
- Provide governance through accrual management, covering overspends and releases, utilising EPOS data and close monitoring of the balance sheet.
Reporting performance and forecasting:
- Lead period-end process, providing insight and in depth understanding of underlying performance, key drivers and trends.
- Challenge short-to-medium term customer forecasts and, in close collaboration with Directors, ensure they are both robust and deliverable with clearly assigned actions to deliver the annual performance targets.
- Support & improve all reporting cycles embedding accuracy and data integrity.
- Develop and monitor Customer action plans to realise opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Individuals with commercial and/or analytical background will be considered
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified
Behaviours & Experience:
- Exhibits outward curiosity and drive to improve continuously
- Ability to challenge appropriately and influence at all levels, using data to provide insights and make suitable recommendations
- Strong business partnering skills and the ability to build relationships cross-functionally
- The ability to understand and consider multiple points of view
- Experience of explaining finance to non-finance
- Ability to manage ambiguity and solve complex problems
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to adapt to an agile environment
- Ability to adapt communication styles for different levels, individuals and situations
- Commercial acumen and understanding of external challenges
- Strong IT skills, particularly within excel
- Experience with SAP, Business Objects or other equivalent analytics tools beneficial
- True business partner, driving growth with a detailed understanding of business performance