Salary £18,000 - £22,000 per annum
Consultant Anderson Da Silva
Date posted 31 August 20192019-08-31 2019-10-30 accountancy Rushden Northamptonshire GB GBP 18000 22000 22000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Company Background:. Currently recruiting for a global PLC business based in Rushden. A market leader in its industry, the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to be mentored by accountants with over 20 years’ of experience, assisting with analysis and month end responsibilities. It’s a great opportunity for someone who is hungry and wants to launch their career in finance.
The team you’ll be a part of has the responsibility of creating a set of analytical tools that help business leaders understand how the different areas of the business are performing. You’ll use tools to uncover opportunities, and take a hands-on approach, looking at all aspects of operation. Your role isn’t just about writing reports; it is a focus on driving change, challenging thinking, and making a tangible difference to the business.
As a Junior Finance Analyst, your role will involve
- To act as a business partner to Accountants and Sales teams
- Support Accountants in their responsibilities
- Own critical department processes and deliver accurately, consistently in a timely manner
- Support in the accurate control and recording of customer program expense and accrued balances
- Support in the maintenance of schedules of accrual balances that are reconciled to the Company’s liability to each customer
- Support in the generation and publishing of monthly customer program reports as required
- Support in review and settlement of complex claims activity and disputes from customers
- Manage multiple stakeholders with courtesy and professionalism
- Support in completion of Month end processes
- Deal with ad hoc requests relating customer programs from the business
To be successful in this role you will need the following experience and skills
We are completely open to past background, however consider the following aspects to be important:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Finance/Accounting department
- Strong performance in Academic results to date
- Understanding of basic accounting processes and principles is preferred
- Exposure to Month end close is preferred – account reconciliations and posting of journals, preparation of working papers to support balances
- Intermediate excel Skills
- This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a career in accounting /looking to gain exposure to experienced Accountants and business professionals.