Data Scientist/Finance Analyst
Salary £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Anderson Da Silva
Date posted 31 August 20192019-08-31 2019-10-30 accountancy Crick Northamptonshire GB GBP 25000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Company Background: A family owned business, with a proud heritage and a leading UK brand in its industry is looking for a Data Scientist. It’s a great time to join the business after a significant investment, readying the business for expansion and the launch of a new product line!
The team you’ll be a part of has the responsibility of creating a set of analytical tools that help business leaders understand how the different areas of the business are performing. You’ll use tools to uncover opportunities, and take a hands-on approach, looking at all aspects of operation. Your role isn’t just about writing reports; it is a focus on driving change, challenging thinking, and making a tangible difference to the business.
As a Data Scientist your role will involve
- Playing a key role in profiling, manipulating, analysing and presenting data, both financial and non-financial, that will help drive an understanding and in turn improve efficiencies in our processes
- You will be instrumental in launching and owning a New BI Visual Data tool which will empower the business to take key decisions
- Business partnering with relevant teams to assemble, validate and analyse data.
- Connecting thinking together – recognising interdependencies and inconsistencies within the datasets
- Managing the database and organising our data information, creating and generating reports, as required
- Training the teams on the use of the database
- Providing support to the teams through timely information, and interpretation of data to actively participate in decision making process
To be successful in this role you will need the following experience and skills
We are completely open to past background, however consider the following aspects to be important:
- Experience of analysing large data sets with data analysis tools;
- Very comfortable working with data – a wizard with Excel and other tools;
- Working knowledge of SQL;
- Working knowledge of Finance preferred;
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships;
- Highly driven and motivated, a quick learner;
- Keen to roll their sleeves up and get stuck into things;
- Experience in developing QlikView / QlikSense is preferred, but not essential;