Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Alex Daniel
Date posted 30 August 20192019-08-30 2019-09-29 accountancy Liverpool Merseyside GB L24 8RF GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Fixed term contract within a leading merseyside business. Fantastic benefit package to allow a great work/ life balance.
A leading business with a fantastic reputation across Merseyside and throughout the UK are on the look out for a finance analsyt to join on a fixed term contract through until April 2020 with scope to becoming permanent. The company offer a fantastci package that enables you to have an amazing work/ life balance.
- Perform complex financial planning, analysis and reporting to support the preparation of
actuals performance reporting, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide financial insight and analysis to support finance business partners and senior business
management, including (but not limited to) the translation of complex financial data into
business information and insight, identifying trends, patterns and anomalies
- Undertake complex modelling, scenario planning, business case preparation and option
appraisal to support decision making.
- Ensure financial performance variances are monitored and tracked; review and discuss with
finance business partners, prepare quarterly forecasting for commentary and propose action to
improve business performance.
- Ensure that the business has robust financial data by reviewing and validating its integrity and
- Input into statutory, regulatory or other external reporting as directed, (either specific to the
business area or corporate).
- Monitor the service provided to finance business partners and senior budget holders,
promoting good financial and business management, accountability, efficiency and value for
- Implement continuous improvements to the planning, forecasting and reporting processes as
directed; contributing to the improvement of other finance processes and services where
- Assist with development initiatives to improve financial literacy across the business.
- Manage internal customer relationships effectively and signpost customers to other services
within the Department to ensure they can efficiently access the service they require.
- Respond to queries from internal customer and stakeholders, ensuring that the response is
timely and compliant with the relevant process and control procedures and frameworks.
- Fully CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven track record of financial planning, analysis and reporting
- A strong understanding of financial control
- Ability to appropriately challenge senior managers
- Ability to show initiative, propose solutions to issues identified and take ownership of tasks
- Ability to work flexibly to meet business requirements
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Customer focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work at all levels within the business
- Commercially aware with a focus on continuous improvement
This is a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to join a fantastic company with one of the largest finance functions in Liverpool.