Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Alex Daniel
Date posted 29 July 20192019-07-29 2019-08-28 accountancy Chester Cheshire GB GBP 35000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Fantastic opportunity for a commerical analyst to join a market leading Plc.
A leading technology business with exceptional growth are looking for a commercial analyst to join their Chester based office. The company are a household name and offer an exceptional package.
This will be a high visibility role, working closely with the commercial finance function and the wider business to help streamline efficiencies, costs and partnering businesses.
As a commercial analyst your duties will be as follows:
- Provision of timely, accurate and relevant reporting on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to provide commentary and insight on actual versus expected performance (last year/budget/forecast/latest view) and potential impacts
- Play an active part in all Vertical activities so that you have a thorough understanding of issues/projects/initiatives and their potential impact on trading performance
- Working closely with the Commercial and Commercial Finance teams to understand proposed initiatives/changes to journeys etc in order to act as a conduit with the wider transactional team where there may be knock on impacts such as billing, VAT etc
- Reporting on the actual impact of initiatives to enable proper assessments to be undertaken, not just supposition based on overall trading performance
- Liaison with the management accounts team at month end to ensure that revenues are reported by them correctly and ensuring that any accrued income is appropriately reflected
- Ensuring that sales data is received on a timely basis in the prescribed format and where this is not the case, working with Commercial Finance and Providers to obtain/improve the sales data
- Creation and maintenance of processes whereby sales data is interrogated and proactively reviewed for anomalies such as missing data, mis-attributed sales, inappropriate clawbacks of revenues etc
- Leveraging systemic solutions – Workday, Board, EDW etc to reduce reliance on manual processes and improve data quality, processes and controls
To be considered for this role you should:
- CIMA / ACA / ACCA qualified or other relevant finance training completed. Part qualified analysts will also be considered.
- Highly numerate, commercially aware and used to working in an online environment in understanding the key drivers of revenue and gross profit generation
- Excellent verbal and written skills with ability to review, analyse and explain complex issues, drawing out key matters of significance and interpret them concisely and informatively to finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Good accounting knowledge able to understand effects of and impact on IFRS based reporting
- Demonstrable experience of managing people, systems and process improvement with a focus on constant improvement
- Willing to challenge and work with others to drive through change, rather than accepting the status quo
- Ability to form close working relationships within and across functional areas and at all levels. Able to communicate at their level, understand requirements, gain trust and influence where necessary.
- Insists on accuracy and self-checking by team members and a culture of review
Having a solid understanding and interest within the technology sector would also be extremely beneficial due to the nature of the role. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a truly flexible and dynamic work place.
This role will initially be a term of 12 months to cover a secondment within the department. There may be scope to move into a different area within the business upon completion of the contract due to the agility of the business.