Financial Planning Manager
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 19 July 20192019-07-19 2019-09-17 retail Liverpool Merseyside GB GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This fantastic business based in Liverpool are curretly recruiting for a Financial Planning Manager to join the business in a newly created role with huge scope for progression.
Reporting to an impressive Head of Finance, your core duties will include;
- Ownership of financial models (detailed debtor book, P&Ls, Balance Sheets and Cash Flows) enusring all models are fit for purpose
- Financial control and data integrity of models
- Compliance with financial accounting standards
- Reliability and robustness of all consolidation models
- Functionality and flexibility of all consolidation models
- Timeliness and delivery of financials in line with business needs and project timescales
- Preparation of Five Year Plans, Budgets, Q2 Forecasts, Rolling Forecasts, Working Capital Updates and Weekly Flash P&L processes
- Work with business managers to develop business cases and provide financial modelling support
- Challenge assumptions and identify risks to Regulatory requirements and business targets
- Understanding of the commercial drivers of performance to provide commercial insight
- Support to ongoing process improvements and key finance planning projects
- Advising senior business leaders on commercial implications of business critical strategic decisions, new initiatives
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with strong academic record and ambition to drive their career forward
- Technical ability, strong aptitude for analytical work and Excel / financial modelling
- Experience of business process improvement and systems implementation
- Experience of writing high profile reports / presentations
- Intellectual capacity and commercial acumen to deal with complex issues with experience of evaluating financial performance for sizeable organisations
- Tenacity and commitment to delivering against demanding expectations and proven track record of working to tight deadlines under pressure
- A robust individual who has the confidence to be able to deal with all levels across the organisation.
- Strong team player who is able to work in cross-functional teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any commercially minded accountant, looking to join a business in a cross-functional FP&A role with real strategic exposure & progression opportunities.