Senior Commercial Analyst
Consultant Josh Gee
Date posted 04 July 20192019-07-04 2019-09-02 retail London London GB GBP 40000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are looking to speak to Commercial Finance Analysts for a fantastic opportunity within a well-known fashion retailer.
Are you a Finance Analyst seeking a new and challenging role? Are you at the final stages of your qualification (ACCA/CIMA) and seeking a purely focused commercial role? If so, my client is a FTSE 250 fashion retail business who are seeking a high calibre Senior Commercial Analyst to join their London Headquarters.
Reporting into the head of Commercial Finance, you will sit in the projects team and be responsible for forecasting, controlling and reporting on the group’s capital spend. Essentially you will be bought in to improve the efficiency of how the group spends it’s money on capital projects and the return of investment. Responsibilities include:
- Planning (budgets, forecasts and 5-year plan)
- Actively analyse areas of capital spend where efficiencies could be improved upon and put forward ideas to senior management
- Supplier analysis on capital spend
- Control and maintain the set-up and completion of project ID’s and report back to the wider business
- Assist to produce business cases for relevant project requests that needed one
- Work with IT, Retail and PMO for submissions and business cases to be submitted bi-weekly to the steering committee
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience working in a similar role and be at the final stages of your professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA). You will have an analytical mindset who enjoys the challenge of problem solving and enjoys working with data. Furthermore, you will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, a can-do attitude and somebody who can adapt and juggle workloads. Finally, you will have a good understanding of a project life cycle and capital reporting.
On offer is a salary up to £48,000