Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Location West MidlandsFULL_TIME
Consultant Andy Chaplin
Date posted 01 July 20192019-07-01 2019-08-30 accountancy West Midlands West Midlands GB GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A really exciting opportunity exists with a Coventry based brand, part of a truly unique family of business brand that in unison provide services for millions of UK customers are now poised for their next tranche of growth and have as such created this role as part of their 2019 growth plans. This provides a unique chance for someone to join the journey, add real purpose and direction to their career and truly feel proud about what you do, and the difference you make
About The Role
As the finance Analyst you`ll support Controls and Compliance Team Manager, working with the Process Owners and Control owners and any external Service Providers to identify ongoing assurance requirements and ensure all relevant documentation is kept up to date and maintained to an appropriate standard. You`ll perform a detailed and accurate review of monthly reports produced on all activities which impact on compliance. Alongside you`ll interface with external auditors to ensure the Compliance and Controls team continues to deliver to audit requirements and that implementation of audit points is carried out by process owners and control owners.
Day to day your key accountabilities will include:
- Identifying and promoting best practice and communicating where process improvements can be made, both within the team and in the wider business.
- Identifying key compliance weaknesses and proposals to implement remedial action as appropriate.
- Mindful of any changing requirements in legislation and external standards and highlighting these to Controls and Compliance Team Manager for onward communication and consideration.
- Supporting the methodology and monitoring plans for continuous controls monitoring
- Support the Controls and Compliance Team Manager to ensure that all key controls are regularly assessed to ensure compliance for each year end.
You’ll possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Ideally you will be practice trained, either making a first industry move or have had an industry move already
- Ideally ACCA or ACA qualified
- Knowledge and / or experience of SOX would be a distinct advantage
- Advantage will be given to any one with experience and/or knowledge of regulatory or operational controls, or wider internal control frameworks
- Ability to understand and critically assess and map business processes and controls
- Strong technical accounting or auditing skills with a working knowledge of tax and company law
- Proficient use and knowledge of business systems and analytical tools (Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills