Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Richard Wood
Date posted 16 May 20192019-05-16 2019-07-15 retail Coventry West Midlands GB GBP 30000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Robert Walters are recruiting for a Finance Analyst to join an award winning business based in Coventry.
Finance Analyst Key Responsibilities:
- Analytical support and reporting commentary to the Commercial teams to help make sound commercial business decisions and improve business performance.
- Reporting, analysis and medium term forecasts of sales and margin, and periodic analysis of balanced scorecard measures (e.g. balance sheet & customer metrics).
- Provision of regular insight into the drivers of performance highlighting opportunities to improve profitability.
- Support and challenge the Trading teams in the development of robust, achievable but stretching financial budgetary targets, ensuring Trading ownership
- Monitor stock levels to ensure they are maintained at appropriate levels and at a reasonable valuation, and that returns are maximised from new, slow-moving or seasonal lines
- Undertake ad hoc analysis of the success of promotional/markdown activity; trials; seasonal activity or events; sub-brands; trading intensity; product/buyer profitability; capital investment etc.
- Evaluation of capital investment and/or new business initiatives including the financial ramifications, risks and opportunities, and that expenditure against capital projects is committed using the agreed approval processes
- Review and challenge proposed new supplier terms, evaluating supplier performance and financial standing, and seeking to maximise financial benefit
- Training and provision of tools to the trading teams to raise commercial awareness, financial acumen and improve decision-making.
- Complete adhoc analysis as required
- Attend and actively contribute to key meetings as required
- Responsible for managing relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Share relevant tools and lessons learnt with the Business Partnering community