Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant James Dwyer
Date posted 08 May 20192019-05-08 2019-07-07 accountancy UK Robert Walters
A fantastic opportunity at a growing and fast moving business. This role will suit an ambitious person that is will to learn in order to progress with in the business.
- Manage the financial and management reporting process for the Joint Ventures (JV)/ Joint Collaborations (JC) within the business.
- Own the month end process which includes posting journals, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, management accounts and closing the ledgers at the end of accounting periods.
- Act as a Finance Business Partner to provide support and assistance to the Regional Commercial Finance Managers and the partners.
- Assist in the preparation of the main board pack and ad-hoc management information requests for the Regional CEO/ Managing Director’s and Group Finance Team.
- Prepare the Half-Year and Full-Year Stat packs and assist in the preparation of the JV financial statements.
- Support the delivery of new IT initiatives to improve current systems and processes.
- Assist in dealing with any auditor queries in relation to the JV’s/ JC’s.
- Ensure a strong financial control environment.
- Prepare and submit the VAT and CIS returns.
- Approve all payments ensuring sufficient available cash at all times.
- Oversee the raising of the invoices on sales ledger prepared by the Assistant Finance Analyst.
- Review all banking journals and bank reconciliations prepared by the Assistant Finance Analyst.
- Ad-hoc project work.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Strong technical acumen with a good understanding of IFRS.
- Effective communicator both with finance and non-finance professionals.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office with Excel at an advanced level.