Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Hannah Freeman
Date posted 07 March 2019 2019-03-072019-05-06 accountancy Coventry West Midlands GB GBP 30000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Robert Walters Finance Analyst Permanent Coventry £30,000-35,000 P/A At Robert Walter we are currently recruiting for a market leader for a part qualified Finance Analyst. In this role you will contribute to the periodic close process by providing strong accounting control and integrity for all stock related balances. You will take responsibility for the accurate reporting and analytical support of all aspects of stock and stock loss.
Main Responsibilities of Finance Analyst
• Process and execute standard period end transactions and journals associated with all areas of stock in General Merchandise & Clothing, including stock movements, shrinkage, obsolescence and revaluations.
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for stock balances and provide appropriate commentary for senior stakeholders.
• Calculation of the stock provision balance for presentation to senior management.
• Production of agreed standardised stock reporting to Business Partnering teams across weekly and period reporting timelines. This should be timely and accurate and provide insight to the teams using the information.
• Produce periodic quality stock control reports including key KPI metrics for review by senior management.
• Prepare the consolidation of stock for budgets and latest view with the appropriate level of challenge to the Finance Business Partners on significant movements.
• Review periodic depot stock realignments in conjunction with Non-Food Finance Managers.
• Reconcile MI stock reports to Pulse system.
• Support Finance Business Partners with any stock related queries.
• Provide analysis to support periodic business reviews and annual reporting.
• Support external audit preparation and or Internal Audit requirements. Your skills & Experience Will Include
• Ideally be a part qualified– ACCA / CIMA
• Possess strong technical accounting experience
• Able to understand drivers of business performance and the levers available to impact performance
• Strong analytical skills, Excel & Access skills and attention to detail
• Be assertive, challenging and confident with strong inter-personal skills
• Possess experience of working with and presenting analytical results to Non-Finance users
• Strong commercial acumen and curiosity beyond traditional finance boundaries