Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Jack Stuart
Date posted 24 January 2019 2019-01-242019-03-25 accountancy Hertfordshire Hertfordshire GB GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Group Accountant is responsible for managing the consolidation of Group finance, systems, financial analysis and planning. The role also supports the Group Finance Director with the management of the Finance team to ensure Group Financial objectives are achieved. The role includes the development of quality financial information and support to the business and other key internal and external finance stakeholders
- Development of a Reporting Structure for the Group, including the implementation of a new consolidation, budgeting and reporting tool (Adaptive Insights)
- Consolidate monthly P&L and balance sheets across the Group adding commentary, communicating these results to the Group Finance Director, including year-end group audit.
- Review of results and investigation of variances to budget and prior year.
- Managing the month-end cycle and the year-end audit process including preparation of statutory accounts on Digita Accounts Production software
- Harmonise accounting systems across the Group.
- Implement and monitor consistent accounting procedures and policies across the Group, including developments in IFRS and other accounting standards
- Corporate Tax Planning and Administration and UK Company Secretarial (Digita Company Secretarial)
- Responsible for co-ordinating and consolidating the Group annual budget and periodic forecasts.
- Liaise with the bank to ensure MI is provided and meet regularly to update on business developments.
- Ensure Bank Covenant Compliance both in terms of monthly reporting and forecasting Covenant compliance
- Establish and maintain systems and processes that ensure the integrity of the Company’s financial information.
- Ad-hoc project work for the CFO and Group Finance Director.
- Review and monitor Group Intercompany Reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Manage a part qualified accountant
Qualifications and Experience
- ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified with several years post qualification experience.
- Experience of completing International Group Consolidation and audit thereof
- Highly IT literate with strong system skills including Excel (Pivot Tables/Queries).
- Experience of ERP systems, i.e. assessment, selection, implementation, management and reporting. Experience of Microsoft Navision Dynamics preferred.
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
Should you wish to register your interest please do get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org