Commercial Finance Analyst
Consultant James Dwyer
Date posted 26 October 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This leading global technology distribution and supply chain services provider in the IT, Communications and Home Entertainment. After 35 years of profitability the company continues to outperform the market, quadrupling its business in the last five years and achieving revenues of over £2.5 billion in FY17. The company represents hundreds of manufacturers and provides distribution and supply chain services internationally, spanning more than 25,000 products across mobile, computing and accessories, consumer electronics, entertainment, print, networking, servers and solutions, unified communications, security and AV solutions.
A FTSE 100 company specialising in international sales, marketing, distribution and business support services, employing over 10,500 people worldwide with an annual turnover in excess of £12 billion. Being part of DCC provides us with superior financial strength and the ability to continually invest in bringing new services to the market.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager (Harlow) the Commercial Finance Analyst will be partnering directly with Sales/Commercial Directors and their teams in Harlow to assist them in driving profitability and Return on Capital Employed by providing high quality financial analysis, appropriate challenge and balanced decision-making support.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the P&L and the drivers of profitability and return on capital performance, partner with business leads to deliver against KPIs
- Weekly forecasting of key P&L items for the month along with variance analysis against budget and week on week
- Assist in driving annual budget process and quarterly profit reforecasting. Ensure the business is familiar with key variances and work with them to maximise opportunities
- Production of monthly board packs and reviews with senior management
- Own the monthly bonus submission for sales/commercial/support staff and provide commentary against budget & actual profit performance
- Assist the Finance Controller in managing balance sheet risk and opportunities
- Support business during / after SAP implementation
- Communicate complex financial information to non-financial members of the business
- Deliver finance training to sales and commercial to increase awareness
- Drive integration into wider business processes and reporting
- Provide ad-hoc support to the sales/commercial business leads as required
This might include but is not limited to work on customer tenders, reviewing customer rebate schemes and preparing business cases for new initiatives as required
The company is a fast-paced, service-oriented organisation which values a no-surprises approach and in which trust and confidence are vital. We are looking for people who really care about what they do, who are prepared to identify where something needs to be done and have the stamina and determination to successfully deliver. The successful candidate must be instinctively comfortable in this type of environment and will have or be able to demonstrate:
- Qualified accountant (newly qualified to one year’s PQE)
- Experience in commercial finance and business partnering desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills; you will part of a team that is the face of Finance in Harlow
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Proven track record in financial analysis
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in a FMCG or distribution environment is desirable
- Familiarity with Oracle, SAP or Qlikview is desirable
- Willing to travel from time to time to interface with wider commercial finance team in other locations.