Senior Finance Analyst
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 25 September 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading manufacturing/FMCG business, as Senior Finance Analyst, to support senior finance and supply chain in reporting/understanding performance.
Our Essex (Stansted) based client, require a Senior Finance Analyst to support the Director of Finance, Supply Chain and the wider team in reporting and understanding the monthly/YTD performance of both production and stock, compile standard costs for all manufactured items, including comparing actual results against established standards for the process and the budget, monitoring the expense performance of all Supply Chain departments.
- Proactively support the UK Director of Supply Chain to understand all factory variances and identify efficiencies at the site to reduce the fixed cost base and the variable unit costs in the long term. This will include a wide variety of projects.
- Perform month end closing for all stock, COGS related costs including comparison against established standard costs as well as monitoring the performance of all Supply Chain departments against established budgets. This includes a thorough understanding of the drivers of the manufacturing and variable COGS for monthly P&L
- Provide all reporting for supply chain (stock, standard COGS and variances)
- Lead forecast and budget processes for all costs including standard COGS (manufactured and/or purchased) by collaborating closely with the manufacturing and logistics teams
- Develop standard costs for all items as required for the forecast and budget processes.
- Support to (1) calculate the global stock provision on a quarterly basis (2) proactively identify options to reduce the stock holding and stock provision by collaborating with Merchandising and Supply Planning.
- Provide Financial Leadership for adhoc Projects
Required experience and skillset:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum 5 years PQE.
- A combination of manufacturing and retail/FMCG industry experience essential.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing in process industry and experience of drafting standard COGS.
- Detailed knowledge of SAP
- Experience within distribution, logistics and/or supply chain
- Stock/inventory experience
- Available for an immediate start
If you feel you meet the above criteria, and are immediately available, please apply for a prompt response.