Finance Analyst - Part-Qualified
Salary £28,000 - £35,000 per annum + study support + benefits
Consultant Laura Watt
Date posted 21 September 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Finance Analyst requirement for expanding team within the West Sussex area. This role is a business partner focused role with a high level of responsibility and room to learn.
As Finance Analyst, you will play a pivotal and driving role in supporting the wider team in the cost management of budgets and providing timely financial insight, analysis and management information. You will take the lead in the day to day management of operational cost budgets and business partnering with multiple areas of the business.
Your key duties as Finance Analyst will include month end, insight and reporting and budgeting and forecasting. Details as below:
- Prepare month end accrual and prepayment journals to be posted into SAP including any queries. Taking appropriate action to resolve in a timely manner
- Using excel and SAP to prepare month end reports that clearly show the operational and financial performance of departments
- Variance analysis and explanation – using the MI investigate variances to budgets and forecasts at month end, presenting back explanations in a clear and concise manner to the business
- Provide analysis and insight as required to the Finance Business Partner and budget holders, e.g. overtime, movements in headcount, overhead spend and other costs
- Seek analysis and insight that explains the key income and cost drivers in the business, with a view to driving greater efficiency whilst driving down operational costs and income up
- Play a key role in the development of financial reporting and management information systems projects as required to support the business
- Proactively support the Finance Business Partner with building their operational cost and income budgets and forecasts
- Take responsibility for certain operational cost budgets, leading the budgeting, forecasting and financial reviews for those areas with the budget holders
- Work collaboratively with the budget holders in building their budgets, ensuring that the process is transparent and that there is clear feedback and challenge
- Create high quality budget and forecast presentations based on input data
- Help maintain a rolling risks and opportunities schedule to budget and forecast
- Ensure that budgeting and forecast outputs are delivered to specified deadlines
- Provide a budget and forecast summary pack for the departmental budgets
- Support as required at Year End audit time providing information and back up as required
- Ensure that business processes are adhered to
The ideal candidate as Finance Analyst
This role suits someone who has strong understanding of the month end process and is looking for more of an analytical slant to their next role. With Support from the Finance Business Partner and Financial Analyst Manager, you will be supported to grow into this hands-on role. You should ideally be a part-qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA) or have started your financial studies (AAT) and looking for a business who will further support you.
As this is a key role and works with the wider business, you must have a positive and energetic outlook with a desire to make a difference. You should have the ability to demonstrate a full suite of analytical skills, ranging from strong data manipulation through to communicating conclusions succinctly. You also be expected to influence, challenge and support both financial and non-financial managers whilst deliver credible analysis and insight into the results.