Salary £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Stephane Mehmet
Date posted 13 September 2018 2018-09-132018-11-12 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity for a Finance Analyst has just become available at a reputable business based in Central London. Reporting to the reporting manager, this role offers an excellent opportunity for career progression.
Key Responsibilities for the role:
Be a super-user of the financial forecasting and reporting tool used in Education; prepare and update the system for monthly reporting & forecasting cycles, including year-end rollover
Maintain user system access and ensure that this is fully compliant with relevant data protection policies
Be the key reporting contact for the MRPA analysts responsible for central functions (Publishing, Operations, Production & Marketing), assisting with any analysis of performance and identifying risks
Assist with the bi-annual forecasting process by inputting into timetable preparation, requirement setting and template creation. identify and highlight areas of concern and liaise with relevant finance teams to understand key drivers of performance
Drive the implementation of the system development plan to continually improve the accuracy and consistency of system data and advance the level of analysis which can be performed
Create clear and accurate process documentation for all month-end, year-end and forecasting processes undertaken by the reporting team
Create user-friendly demonstration videos for all areas of the system which can be used to help new and existing users navigate the relevant processes within the system; includes sales forecasting, workforce planning, overseas entity data upload and review and Central Functions MRPA data analysis.
To be considered for this role you will have/be:
- Studying towards professional qualifications such as ACCA, ACA, and CIMA or similar.
- Strong academic record of achievement
- A commercially-minded individual with excellent analytical and data interpretation skills
- A self-starter with a positive attitude to change and an energetic and collaborative disposition
- Self-confident, hardworking, committed and diligent
- Experience of working as part of a finance team
- High level of Excel data manipulation skills
- Highly organised individual who is able to work to deadlines whilst juggling the demands of the business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills