Credit Analysis Manager
Salary £29,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Rebecca Butler
Date posted 12 September 2018 2018-09-122018-11-11 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Credit Analysis Manager to join a growing, blue-chip business near St Helens. This position is to support the AR Manager by creating and sustaining an environment where the credit worthiness of customers is assessed and monitored, maximising company sales and profits by trading to an acceptable level of risk and minimising bad debts. This is a management position and has 2 direct reports and therefore is suitable for someone who has the experience of managing, mentoring and motivating staff.
As Credit Analysis Manager your role will comprise of:
- Assessment of new accounts for credit facilities
- Agreement of limit based on Credit Search, Sales team and external information relative to required level of trade
- Ensuring Credit limits are authorised in line with Delegation of Authority
- Communication of credit limits to Data Management, Sales, Operations and Credit Control teams as appropriate
- Monthly review and agreement of new limits upload from Credit Reference Agency
- Re-assessment of overridden credit limits in line with credit policy
- Ensuring high risk and strict watch accounts trade to agreed maximum credit limits
- Active monitoring and re-assessment of account limits where trade exceeds agreed limit.
- Liaising with Credit Control, Sales and Litigation teams to agree actions where limits are exceeded due to non-payment of debt
- Develop and maintain strategy and risk profiles to drive order blocking at point of /sale
- Develop and maintain relationships with Sales and Operations teams to drive credit policy understanding and compliance
- Optimise usage of reporting tools provided by CRA to support Risk Exposure Management such as:
- Monitoring customer credit worthiness against outstanding exposure
- Monitoring payment behaviour
- Analysing financial information such as balance sheets, P&L accounts, cash flow statements and forecasts to support exposure decisions
To apply you must have experience of:
- Leading, motivating and developing team members through mentoring and coaching
- Managing employee disciplinary issues reporting issues to (and seeking advice from) the AR Manager/HR Business Partner
- Conducting effective employee job chats and 1-2-1’s on a regular basis
- Planning of Employee’s working schedules
- Ensuring that all Employees receive an induction and training applicable to their role
- Ensuring that Employees are coached, trained and developed to meet their own development needs and they are in line with Company requirements.
You will also ideally be
ICM Qualified or Part Qualified
Self -motivated and conscientious.
A good Communicator
Excellent in your negotiation Skills
Capable of developing strong client relationships
Able to work effectively under pressure
Please don't hesitate in sending your CV if you are interested in applying for this position.