Management Accountant / Finance Analyst
Salary £30,000 - £33,000 per annum
Consultant Rebecca Butler
Date posted 16 August 2018 2018-08-162018-10-15 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An established business based in South Liverpool is currently recruiting for a Finance Analyst / Management Accountant to join its busy finance department. This role will see you undertaking routine financial analysis to support the provision of business insight for effective operational activity and financial decision making. This is the perfect job for a Part Qualified / Newly Qualified Account to be part of a growing business who offer excellent career opportunities.
As Finance Analyst you will:
- Provide financial insight analysis, including the translation of routine financial data, identifying trends, patterns and anomalies.
- Ensure financial performance variances are monitored and tracked to provide the business with current financial information.
- Undertake modelling, scenario planning, business case preparation and option appraisal to support decision making and business performance
- Ensure that the business has robust financial data by reviewing and validating its integrity and quality
- Input into statutory, regulatory or other external reporting as directed, (either specific to the business area or corporate)
- Manage internal customer relationships effectively and signpost customers to other services within the Department to ensure they can efficiently access the service they require
- Respond to routine or basic queries from internal customer and stakeholders, ensuring that the response is timely and compliant with the relevant control processes and frameworks
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Ensure that all data protection requirements are met in accordance with Group policy, procedures and statutory requirements
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are met in accordance with Group policy, procedures and statutory requirements
- Respond flexibly to any necessary changes in work priorities and undertake other duties when required to support the effective operation of the service.
To apply for the role you must:
- Be part or fully CCAB/CIMA qualified
- Have strong analytical skill
- Have the ability to carry out financial planning, analysis and reporting
- Have the ability to work with complex information to identify trends and pattern
- Have an understanding of financial control
- Be able to show initiative, propose solutions to issues identified and take ownership of tasks
- Have excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Be customer focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work at all levels within the business
- Be commercially aware with a focus on continuous improvement
- Be comfortable with working in a matrix environment with a range of stakeholders.