Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 06 August 2018 2018-08-062018-10-05 utilities UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This large and growing business are looking for a Finance Manager to join the organisation in a newly created role due to business growth.
Working in a supportive team, your core duties will include;
- Perform complex financial planning, analysis and reporting to support the preparation of
actuals performance reporting, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide financial insight and analysis to support finance business partners and senior business
management, including (but not limited to) the translation of complex financial data into
business information and insight, identifying trends, patterns and anomalies
- Undertake complex modelling, scenario planning, business case preparation and option
appraisal to support decision making.
- Ensure financial performance variances are monitored and tracked; review and discuss with
finance business partners, prepare quarterly forecasting for commentary and propose action to
improve business performance.
- Ensure that the business has robust financial data by reviewing and validating its integrity and
- Input into statutory, regulatory or other external reporting as directed, (either specific to the
business area or corporate).
- Monitor the service provided to finance business partners and senior budget holders,
promoting good financial and business management, accountability, efficiency and value for
- Implement continuous improvements to the planning, forecasting and reporting processes as
directed; contributing to the improvement of other finance processes and services where
- Assist with development initiatives to improve financial literacy across the business.
- Respond to queries from internal customer and stakeholders, ensuring that the response is
timely and compliant with the relevant process and control procedures and frameworks.
- Provide day-to-day management of finance analysts and support staff as and when required.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ CIMA/ ACA or equivalent)
- Experience in a commercially focused Finance Manager/ Financial Analyst role
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven track record of financial planning, analysis and reporting
- Ability to appropriately challenge senior managers
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines
and manage conflicting priorities
- Commercially aware with a focus on continuous improvement
This is an excellent opportunity for any Finance Manager/ Financial Analyst to join an organisation in a role that can offer both flexibility & long term career development working for a business committed to internal promotion & progression.