Regional Finance Analyst
Salary £38,000 - £42,000 per annum + bonus
Consultant Laura Watt
Date posted 01 August 2018 2018-08-012018-09-30 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This role sits within the Global Service Centre of Excellence where the team are responsible for providing accounting services, business analytics and reporting for Finance in 30 countries.
Regional Finance Analyst - Maidenhead, Berkshire
£38k-£42k + bonus
With annual sales of $4 billion and approximately 100 brands, my client are a FMCG business where you can really build a career for yourself and work with others who share your passion for caring and success.
As Regional Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for accurate accounting, reporting and analysis of intercompany reporting and regional redistribution for all of the affiliates serviced by the Centre of Excellence. In addition, this role will provide support to the regional currency and hedging processes.
Key duties as Regional Finance Analyst include:
- Ownership for Regional Redistribution reconciliations and reporting, including identifying solutions to reconciling items and follow-up with business partners to ensure processes are updated for future periods
- Preparation of monthly Responsibility reporting, including ensuring intercompany gross profit is reflected correctly
- Become the subject matter expert for this area, providing insight and analysis on gross profit and mark-up
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of currency and hedging preparation and reporting processes in order to provide support to the team as and when required, ensuring accurate and timely submission of monthly hedge requests, and reporting and analysis of regional currency movements in line with SOPs and Worldwide Procedures
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and standardisation of processes
- Proactive partnering with Supply Chain team, reporting team and other teams within the Centre of Excellence
The ideal candidate:
Part Qualified Accountant / have an international qualified equivalent
A minimum of 3 years of finance and accounting experience, within a multinational business
Strong technical accounting background
Hedging and/or currency experience would be highly desirable
Strong Excel skills are essential to success in this role