Revenue Accountant- commercial finance
Salary bonus, pension, share scheme.
Consultant Robert Patterson
Date posted 20 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Currently recruiting for a Revenue Accountant to join a progressive FTSE 100 entity based in Luton.
Currently recruiting for a Revenue Accountant to join a progressive FTSE 100 entity based in Luton, alongside a demanding and rewarding environment the successful candidate will enjoy a great working culture within a successful market leading brand. This role will ideally suit a newly qualified accountant from practice or industry.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager with dotted line to the Finance Director, the Revenue Accountant will support the Finance Manager in all aspects of business unit Accounting for a multi- billion turnover industry leading organisation:
- Ownership of monthly reconciliation and reporting of contra revenue and business unit statistics.
- Take ownership for business unit controls and month end reporting.
- Continually improve the process of topping up funds for credit files and refund shells on yearly and ad hoc basis. Ensure robust controls in place.
- Accounting for key revenue areas including APD, VAT and other contra postings.
- Accounting and reconciliation of membership program
- Apply appropriate controls and processes to maintain current indirect tax rates as well as balance sheet management.
- Compare actuals to budget, forecast and prior year, provide insight to the variances.
- Prepare and post month end journals, ensuring accuracy and conformity to accounting standards.
- Review contents of balance sheet accounts in a timely manner with supporting schedules demonstrating a thorough understanding of the balance sheet position. Managing risk and opportunities with the business.
- Preparation of budgets / re-forecast for designated areas of responsibility.
- Work with revenue project managers on large projects to ensure timely delivery.
- Actively engage in development of underlying systems.
- Assistance with other areas of Revenue Accounting and Commercial Finance as necessary to ensure the accuracy of the month end close.
PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Confident stakeholder manager both internally and externally
- High level of analysis ability
- Strong reporting background and technical grounding
- Good commercial acumen
If this could be you feel free to apply below or drop me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.