Finance Business Partner
Consultant Tom Barlow
Date posted 31 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client is a multinational organisation with their UK Head Office based in Surrey with an easy commute from Sussex and London. Due to a recent growth (through acquisition), they are looking to appoint a commercially minded Finance Business Partner to support the provision of a high standard of business performance analytics, identification of trends, risks & opportunities and business insight to the executive management and business teams. The successful applicant will be comfortable in analysing large amounts of transactional data to identify the most critical insights, which will help to drive continued growth in this exciting business.
The Finance Business Partner will be required to build strong relationships with the business teams while developing a solid understanding of the business dynamics in the areas they support. This is a commercially focused role with the opportunity of having a significant impact on the business and requires someone with exceptional analytical skills and a high level of intellectual curiosity who can quickly assimilate and translate data into actionable and prioritised plans.
Duties will include:
- Providing monthly analysis and insights of country performance to the executive management team and country managers
- Tracking of performance vs budget with variance analysis into drivers of over and under attainment
Supporting the annual budget and semi-annual forecast process
- Preparing meeting packs for management and country meetings
- Preparation of relevant business cases for submission to the Commercial Committee Supporting
- pricing improvement actions focused on identifying pricing efficiency opportunities, liaising with key stakeholders and then tracking the improvement actions
- Preparing accurate and timely reporting for partners
- Collating regulatory reporting and maintaining key standing data
- Ad hoc analysis into key trends, assessing the drivers of these trends, the sustainability of them and influencing any decisions which should be taken to take advantage or defend against them
- Ad hoc support to the business teams and others where needed
The successful candidate should ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or overseas equivalent).
- Strong analytical skills
- Capable of dealing with high volumes of data
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Advanced Excel)
Our client is a market leader that has a reputation for nurturing and developing their employees and providing long term career opportunities.