Commercial Retail Accountant
Salary £300 - £350 per day
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 12 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Commercial Retail Accountant required to support strategic initiatives, for a multi site business based in Hertfordshire, for a minimum period of 6 months.
An excellent opportunity to work for an employer of choice in the Hertfordshire area, as Commercial Accountant to join their Retail Finance team.
Business partnering with the Commercial Strategy Director, an exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of a new team responsible for delivering new strategic trials across the business.
- Develop business cases and present financials
- Challenge current business case assumptions with recommendations to the plan
- Develop reporting and analysis to understand performance
- Ensure targets/KPI’s are monitored to identify risks and opportunities
- Create and maintain regular performance reporting
- Lead weekly meetings on performance
- Ensure CAPEX costs and ROI are in line with business case assumptions
- Ensure effective communication throughout the wider Leadership and Retail teams
- Support the Commercial Strategy Director on all matters Finance
- You must be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), with 3-5 years post qualified experience within FMCG or retail background.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to work with finance teams and non finance teams.
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects/trials simultaneously, priorities effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent excel skills to deal with large volumes of data from multiple systems
- Business case/Investment Appraisal, and/or CAPEX experience essential.
If you match the above criteria, available on short notice or immediately, then please do apply for the role, and submit your most recent CV.