Data Analyst - 12 Month FTC
Salary £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
Consultant Joseph Fletcher
Date posted 06 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Data Analyst – Chessington Scope of Job: You will be responsible for interpreting sales, range and financial data, analysing results using statistical techniques to maximize retail sales performance and optimum stock levels.
Data Analyst – Chessington
Our client are a well known retail business with their shared service centre in Chessington. This is a 12 month fixed term contract, with a possibility of the role going permanent.
Scope of Job: You will be responsible for interpreting sales, range and financial data, analysing results using statistical techniques to maximize retail sales performance and optimum stock levels.
Key Objectives of the Data Analyst:
- Actively analyse retail sales trends and forecast seasonal requirements to ensure Stock Planning and Buying deliver a cohesive and appropriate consumer offer
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and "clean" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritise business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Create and manage weekly and monthly reports to analyse the business’s KPIs to facilitate optimum stock management and replenishment to drive sales and product availability
- Create and manage category analysis
- Skilled at using Excel and Access for stock analysis and forecasting to identify stock risks and maximise opportunities
- Identify inventory liabilities and work with the Head of Stock Planning team to resolve
- Manage the accuracy of the Future stock management system
- Monitor the flow of product through to store locations via internal and external orders and follow up discrepancies
- Skilled at using Excel for stock analysis and forecasting to identify risks and maximise opportunities. Produce weekly reports for Trading meeting.
- Ensure stock replenishment is maintained to drive sales and deliver optimum product availability
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst ideally within a retail or commercial environment
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, Access, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Ability to work with different retail systems