Senior Financial Analyst
Consultant Lauren Freeman
Date posted 29 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst, on a permanent basis within the Birmingham City Centre area for a leading Legal organisation, the salary for this position is negotiable depending upon experience. Please see below if you wish to apply.
Please note: It is essential that the ideal candidate has ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualification and experience within a larger or regulated organisation working within a similar capacity
Requirements of the Financial Analyst:
- Critical role working with Partners and the legal groups to gain granular insight into the make-up, risk, and projected profile of our revenue streams, and then drive action to see through the delivery of that revenue, creating an environment of 'no surprises'
- Build internal and external relationships with Commercial Directors, Practice Group Leaders (PGLs), Partners, Managing Fee Earners (MFEs), Finance, Business Development, IT, Clients and Auditors
- Put together a full picture of the WIP profile for all matters undertaken in the practice group, including management of commercial risk, conversion to cash, nature of revenue (annuity vs transactional)
- Establish and produce a gap analysis based on the expected timing of revenue vs. the sales target / budget looking on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Identify inherent risk in the profile of work and the potential likelihood of delivering revenue based on whether transactions are hinged on the success of the client's transaction or any other contingent element
- Drive action on seeing through delivery of revenue on a monthly and quarterly basis to build an environment of delivering on commitments and one of 'no surprises'
- Understand the underlying causes of low profitability, low recovery or high write-offs and instigate action to resolve / improve on these measures
- Influencing and working with Partners and MFEs to drive year-on-year improvements in revenue management to exceed industry benchmarks and look to achieve best-in-class performance against other non-legal industry benchmarks
Other responsibilities of a Financial Analyst include:
- Own and manage the statutory valuation of revenue / WIP
- On-going reporting and resolution of any valuation issues in WIP to continue to embed an environment of 'no surprises'
- Highly developed analytical and financial modelling skills
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Adept communication, with the ability to present complex financial data and concepts in a clear and concise way to non-finance professionals
- Strong influencing skills, able to persuade and influence challenging colleagues and partners
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Professional, credible and confident in dealing appropriately with people at all levels
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills
- Advanced Excel
- Experience in a Law Firm or Professional Services organisation
- IBM Cognos or Aderant Expert experience
The ideal candidate for this position will be personable, have a strong commercial acumen and advanced Excel skills.