Finance Project Analyst
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Laura Jackson
Date posted 02 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
I am currently recruiting a Finance Project Analyst (FPA) position which supports the operational management of the company in achieving project profitability and billability through the provision of financial information, and the financial management of client projects. The FPA is responsible for managing and tracking the financials of confirmed and potential business to pass on to client teams for management accounting and forecasting purposes.
Provides analysis on profitability, recoverability, billability and time worked on projects
Quarterly forecasting of revenue recognition
Generates and follows up on sales invoices - verification and updating Confirmed & Potential (C&P) report for Revenue Recognition
- Assists client teams with project financials, including billing, estimates, revenue recognition, project reconciliations – challenging and supporting where necessary
- Provides analysis on profitability, recoverability, billability and time worked on projects
- Regular liaison with external and internal client teams
- Assists with trade receipts debt collection as required
- Reviews, checks and approves new job requests
- Reviews estimates with client services teams and makes recommendations to improve the recoverability on the hours and costs. Creation of "pdf" files for all estimates and invoices leaving the group electronically
- Maintains project files (i.e. ensure completeness of documents for audit purposes)
- Analysis and review of C&P report in preparation for month end closing
- Initiates weekly communication with project leads to obtain updates on percentage of completion, potential work, and other C&P related information.
- Assists with project reconciliation and analysis of timesheet reports. Works with Account Servicing and Project Management to provide explanation for variances to the budgeted hours and costs. Identifies undercharged time or costs and communicates to project manager to recharge to client
- Quarterly forecasting of revenue recognition
- Provides senior management with annual Budgeting and quarterly
Month End Closing
- Ensures completeness of monthly close steps as noted on the Finance Monthly Checklist including:
o Initiates monthly communication with project leads to obtain updates on percentage of completion, potential work, and other C&P related information.
- Raises intercompany invoices on Fees and hard costs
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances
- Reviews costs and ensures WIP is reconciled accurately.
- Reviews C&P error check and explanation on variances for negative revenue, accruals or deferrals for completed projects and provide summary on the month’s business
- Posting of reallocations and month end accruals and deferrals
- Responsible for timely and accurate revenue reporting for senior management and provides client commentaries on a monthly basis
- At least 3 to 5 years’ accounting or finance experience
- Preferably working experience as biller in advertising agency/media agency/marcom industry
- General accounting principles and understanding of integrated accounting systems
- Highly developed understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Accrual and deferral accounting of income and cost of sales, WIP and revenue accounting, Intercompany (parent/subsidiary) accounting experience, Percentage completion method (PCM) and completed contract method (CCM) accounting
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT skills with proficiency in Word, Excel (intermediate level or above is essential)
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach to work
- A strong team player with a collaborative approach to work
- Excellent relationship building skills with employees at all levels
- Experience of managing multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines
If you are interested in this position please click apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.