Senior Finance Analyst
Salary £40000 - £42000 per annum + bonus + benefits
Consultant Wendy Smith-Howes
Date posted 11 October 2016
Exciting opportunity to work for this FTSE Listed business based in Luton as Senior Finance Analyst. The main purpose of this role is to provide support in relation to Retail and Supply Chain finance together with organising the business case review and approval processes across the business.
Working in this exciting permanent opportunity for this FTSE Listed business based in Luton as Senior Finance Analyst. Your role will be varied and include:-
As Senior Finance Analyst your role will cover the entire end to end process from procuring retail products, to banking customer payments. As such, you will be involved in a wide range of financial activities including five year planning, forecasting, month-end reporting as well as the set-up of back-office processes in relation to customer payment taking, ledger postings, tax declarations and 3-way reconciliation.
Working with finance teams across numerous you will create greater alignment in policies and practices, providing a consolidated financial platform on which the leadership teams can make sound and balanced commercial decisions in the best interests of the Group.
You will support the relevant teams in their development of business cases in line with the investment approval process and drive the production of quality investment reporting to the Committee.
The role requires the analysis of the joint P&L with the service provider across numerous markets participating in the programme. Through regular liaison with key stakeholders, you’ll develop the required management information tools to continually assess performance vs the baseline, which underpins the retail contract, as well as performance vs forecast, budget and prior year, closely monitoring risks and opportunities across the programme, whilst continuously seeking prospects for further improvement in performance. You will also manage overhead recharges together with the reporting and 5 Year Planning process for the small central IFR team on a monthly basis.
Throughout, you will provide support in reviewing savings proposals and their corresponding gain share calculations together with ensuring that approved initiatives are embedded into the P&Ls on a monthly basis.
To be successful in this role you should have the following:-
- A full qualified in accountancy or background in finance business partnering
- Have experience of defining and implementing financial policy and/or of financial reporting
- Ability to understand and navigate complex financial and commercial issues; proven ability to employ analytical tools to improve performance
- Be a self-motivated individual who takes the initiative and works collaboratively across cultural boundaries with multiple customers and stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal customers, and internal and external service partners
- Have strong business English (written & spoken) and may involve travel across Europe
- Ideally offer previous experience developing and maintaining end-user MI tools such as Qlik Sense or equivalent
If you are an ambitious individual keen to progress your career and have the key strengths to be successful in this role then contact me now and send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org