Accounts Receivable Manager
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum + tbc
Consultant Eden Reeves
Date posted 05 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, a largely established, yet growing, industry leading business within logistics is looking for an Accounts Receivable Manager to join their team in Maidenhead.
My client is a largely established, yet growing, industry leading business with a recognisable brand presence across the UK.
This role has a direct reporting line into the Financial Controller and provides an opportunity to be part of and manage a great, close team and to work closely with the wider finance function.
About the Accounts Receivable Manager role:
Working as the Accounts Receivable Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the Accounts Receivable Team and ensuring a smooth end to end process whilst working with the wider finance function to continually improve best practice.
- To manage and execute requirements by providing on-time and concise updates
- To build and maintain a close relationship with all business units, optimising on performance on a pro-active basis through continuous improvement and realising most efficient and optimal process
- To engage our customers and deal with a variety of persons within these organisations to discuss payment concerns
- To pro-actively review performance results and KPIs and conducting root cause analysis to identify areas for improvement leading to an agreed change agenda & action plan
- Establish work standards, develop objectives and design/maintain effective work-flows and operating procedures
- To formulate and review plans to reduce bad debt charge to the business
- To ensure DSO / Aged Debt / Unapplied targets are set, reviewed and met each month
- To build and manage a team to perform on a sustainable level to produce results required by the business
- To develop key skills and attributes of personnel within the team o benefit of the department
- Manage accounting team of 10 including coaching, training and ongoing performance management
- To represent the UK Receivables team on a regional level where required
- Providing a platform and direction of where collection strategies should focus on
For the role of Accounts Receivable Manager, my client is looking for the successful candidate to demonstrate the following;
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong Business Acumen / Commercial Awareness
- Thorough understanding of overall processes and interfaces with other functions / divisions
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually and translate this into practical action
- Strong people management and motivation skills
- Strong all-round communicator; written, oral and presentation skills
- Good at establishing working relationships and developing personal contacts in a cross-functional and cross-functional environment
- Previous managerial experience within finance
Based at their UK head office, this market leading business offer a great working environment, strong career progression and the opportunity to work for an exciting brand which is experiencing significant growth and development.
If you are driven, determined and interested in this exciting Accounts Receivable Manager position, please apply today or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation.