Cash Allocation Clerk
Salary £18,000 - £20,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 01 April 20192019-04-01 2019-05-31 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 18000 20000 20000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Robert Walters are currently recruiting for a Cash Allocation Clerk for market leading organisation based in City Centre Birmingham.
Key responsibilities of the Cash Allocation Clerk:
You will be responsible for the timely allocation of cash from customer payments in a proactive manner to ensure customer accounts are accurate and up to date. You will Investigate Unallocated Cash and Unidentified Payments and assign to correct customer account. You will also work closely with Credit Control for query resolution and underpayment settlement, building close relationships with Sales and work collaboratively to resolve payment allocation issues and disputes.
• Allocation of receipts to customer invoices and credit notes – electronic bank receipts, card payments, cheques, drafts and cash.
• Contact branches and customers on remittance enquiries.
• Identify and raise queries on over and under payments received.
• Clear unallocated cash to customer accounts and isolate unidentified cash.
• Update customer accounts for returned payments.
• Assist in the reconciliations of customer accounts.
• Participate in initiatives that contribute to a lean process culture.
As the Cash Allocation Clerk, you will be/have:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience within Accounts Receivable.
• Previous experience in a Shared Services environment would be an advantage.
• Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to make timely and rational decisions based on relevant information and experience
• Good standard of written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively whilst working under pressure and to deadlines
Apply today to express your interest in this opportunity, or call 0121 281 500.