Cash Allocation Clerk
Salary £18,000 - £20,000 per annum + Pro-Rata
Consultant Hannah Freeman
Date posted 12 March 2019 2019-03-122019-04-11 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 18000 20000 20000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Robert Walters PART TIME 22.5 hours per week £20,000 pro rata TEMP TO PERM We are currently seeking a part time cash allocation clerk to assistant a Accounts Receivable team in day to day running.
• Allocation of receipts to customer invoices and credit notes – electronic bank receipts, card payments, cheques, drafts and cash.
• Contact branches and customers on remittance enquiries.
• Identify and raise queries on over and under payments received.
• Clear unallocated cash to customer accounts and isolate unidentified cash.
• Update customer accounts for returned payments.
• Assist in the reconciliations of customer accounts.
• Participate in initiatives that contribute to a lean process culture.
• Minimum 2 years experience within Accounts Receivable.
• Previous experience in a Shared Services environment would be an advantage.
• Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to make timely and rational decisions based on relevant information and experience
• Good standard of written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively whilst working under pressure and to deadlines